Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a spectrum of sandalwood and teak trees, stunning coffee and tea plantations, and gushing rivers. A well-known love affair in the tranquility of the mesmerizing Western Ghats is a gateway to blissful romance and has become the most desirable honeymoon escapade.
So if you live in and around Bangalore or Mysore, you can explore India’s Own Scotland with your sweetheart by booking a taxi from Bangalore to Coorgto enjoy a honeymoon that you will remember for a lifetime.
Top places in Coorg that will make your honeymoon memorable
Nestled in the lap of Western Ghats, Coorg remains embraced with lush greenery and stunning vistas. Here you can wake up in beautiful cottages amidst beautiful coffee plantations with the aroma of the fresh coffee leaves and take romantic walks at the teak wood and sandalwood forests.
Here are some top places you can visit in Coorg for your honeymoon.
Abbey Falls is a pearly white waterfall beautified by surrounding coffee plantations. This place is perfect for taking your partner for a romantic getaway to enjoy the beauty of the falls and find solace in rippling cascades amidst the lush greenery.
Things you can do at Abbey Falls:
- Unleash your inner photographer and click stunning landscapes in your frame.
- Get your heart racing on a quick trek to Abbey Falls, moving through the serene vistas of the Western Ghats.
- Take a stroll on the cardamom and coffee plantations near Abbey Falls.
Dubare Elephant Camp
Combine romance and thrill on your Coorg honeymoon by visiting Dubare Elephant Camp. At Dubare Elephant Camp, you can unlock the enchanting chance to spend time with giant elephants and watch them get trained to take part in the royal parades and processions held annually at the Mysore Palace. To make your experience more memorable, you can plan a stay in luxurious cottages near the Kaveri River.
Things you can do at Dubare Elephant Camp:
- Spend some time on the banks of the beautiful Kaveri River.
- Enjoy 30 to 45 minutes of elephant rides with your partner
- Marvel early morning jeep safari in the Dubare Forest.
Giving your Coorg honeymoon escapade a spiritual feel at Bylakuppe is truly a soul-touching idea. The colorful cottages, stately temples, and stunning streets, constructed in Tibetan style, hear chants from Buddhist philosophers. Popularly known as ‘Mini-Tibet’, this place in Coorg provides a feeling like you are walking in the streets of Bhutan and Nepal.
Things you can do at Bylakuppe:
- Explore shopping stalls to purchase handicraft items and interact with Tibetan monks.
- Hear some fascinating stories while you explore the Tibetan territories.
- Attend spiritual discussion at Sera Je Monastery.
- Savor your taste buds with delectable momos.
Honnamana Kere Lake
Romance near the lakeside never gets old! So visiting the mesmerizing Honnamana Kere Lake on your honeymoon is a must. It is one of the biggest lakes in Coorg, encompassed by coffee plantations and artificial caves. Near this lake is a temple devoted to Goddess Honnamana, where you can attend the Gauri festival and go boating amidst the lush green forests.
Things you can do at Honnamana Kere Lake:
- Get fascinated by the temple near Honnamana Kere Lake.
- Enjoy fishing or boating in the Honnamana Kere lake.
- Explore the ancient artificial caves here.
In a nutshell, Coorg has a lot to offer for honeymooners. With its captivating vistas and scenic landscapes, Coorg will always make you come back for happy memories and fall in love with your partner all over again. So what are you waiting for? Book a comfortable Bangalore car rental with a local driverand enjoy a romantic road trip to Coorg!