Divorce is never easy. Aside from the emotional strain, many legal issues must be overcome during a divorce proceeding. These can include child custody, visitation rights, property division, and spousal support. No one but your lawyer has experience with all the complexities involved in your particular case.
When you are going through filing for divorce, it is pretty easy to make a mistake or two. It could lead to you losing your right to something important – like custody over your children or even your property. Get good legal help from Mesa’s trusted divorce attorney to avoid losing out on something important during the divorce proceeding. Here are three ways to find a good divorce attorney.
Before you begin your search for a divorce attorney, it’s essential to consider your needs and how those needs align with the attorney’s expertise. If you’re considering a divorce, it’s critical to know your options and what type of lawyer you need. You can start by thinking about the issues that need to get resolved in your divorce.
There are three significant types of divorce attorneys:
- Divorce attorneys who also have experience in real estate and financial matters. These divorce attorneys typically handle both sides of divorce and related financial issues such as child support and alimony.
- Family law specialists (often called a “family lawyer”). These attorneys typically handle both sides of divorce and other family issues like child custody and adoption.
The best way is by asking yourself these questions:
- What kind of case am I facing?
- How much am I going to spend on legal fees?
- What kind of relationship do I want with my attorney/ lawyer?
Interviewing your potential divorce attorney will allow you to get a better idea of whether or not they’re the right fit for your divorce case and whether or not they have the experience you need. Interviewing a divorce attorney can be an intimidating process. Many people don’t know what to ask or how to ask it. But there are some basic questions that everyone should ask their prospective attorney, regardless of the situation.
- What is your philosophy on divorce? Ask this question first to get a sense of the attorney’s approach in your case. Some attorneys may offer more conservative advice and recommendations, while others may be more aggressive in their path.
- What is your experience with my particular situation? This question helps you understand how familiar the lawyer is with your divorce’s unique circumstances. It’s mandatory for you to feel comfortable with the lawyer’s knowledge base and ability to represent you during this difficult time.
- What do you need from me? This question helps clarify what type of information or documentation will be required by the lawyer before they can provide any advice or help with your case. For example, if there are financial issues involved in your divorce, does the lawyer need tax returns from both parties for review?
Once you have your list, you need to research those attorneys. You can do this by reading reviews on them, visiting their websites and social media pages, and asking for references from other people who have used them. You’ll need to consider the following factors:
- Location: Do you want a lawyer close by, or do you want to find someone who can represent you from across the country?
- Years of Experience: If you’re going through a complicated divorce and have specific concerns about your rights, it may be worth hiring an attorney who has been practicing for many years.
- How Does The Attorney Communicate With You?: Communication is key in any relationship, and this applies equally to lawyers and clients.
When choosing a good divorce attorney, your choice is just as important as the lawyer’s experience. You’ll need to make sure that your divorce attorney will be able to meet your individual needs and fit seamlessly into your divorce case plan. So how do you figure out who to hire? Ask around for recommendations. Don’t be afraid to ask friends or acquaintances about their divorce experience, what attorneys they used, and if they were happy with the results.
Remember: finding the right divorce lawyer for your case can make all the difference in the world. So if you haven’t yet found a divorce attorney that feels right to you, don’t give up! Keep searching until you’ve found the one you can trust with your case.