If you wish to be able to get the most out of email marketing for your business, first you are going to need a mailing list that you can utilise. The question is: how do you effectively build your email list and then monetise them? In this article, we’ll share an awesome strategy that you can put into practice immediately.
Know who you want to attract
First things first, you’re going to need to know exactly who it is that you’d like to attract and then market to – which is true for any digital marketing strategy. And in the same breath, you also need to know precisely what it is that you are going to be marketing for.
- Do you wish to build your brand awareness?
- Are you pushing a specific product or service?
The more data you have on both who you want to attract and what you wish to do with them once they join your mailing list, the better positioned you will be to achieve both ends.
Create a banging lead magnet
Once you’ve established who your ideal audience is, next you need a banging lead magnet that will effectively draw them in.
One of the best lead magnet examples we can offer is a free eBook.
Here’s how it works:
- Design an eBook and give away as much free value as possible. For an agency that offers SEO services Singapore for example, they may wish to create a lead magnet like so: “The Definitive Guide to Local SEO in 2023.”
- Invest in quality graphic design and world-class copywriting. Even though this eBook is free, the value that you offer within must be exceptional. After all, the end goal is to convert these readers into loyal, paying customers – so make sure you put your best foot forward.
- Following that, once you have done the necessary research and finalised your magnificent eBook lead magnet, get it uploaded to your website above the fold. That way, your website visitors can clearly see and claim theirs for free, in exchange for their email address.
- At this point, those website visitors are instantly filtered into your email list – ready to be further nurtured by you.
Strategize an ongoing email marketing campaign
The good news is that any leads who download your eBook and join your mailing list will be relatively qualified prospects. After all, if they were interested in reading: “The
Definitive Guide to Local SEO in 2023,” then they are clearly potential prospects that, with the right motivation, can convert into business.
The next step is to strategize your ongoing email marketing campaign and decide on how you will communicate with these new leads.
- Personalize your emails.
- Provide free value on a weekly basis.
- Include hot offers and VIP discounts.
With each passing week, your subscribers will receive (hopefully) awesome content from you. This will invariably demonstrate your authority, keep your brand under their nose, and slowly navigate them towards a positive conclusion.
Yes, some may unsubscribe, others won’t read your emails at all, and there are those who may read them all but never convert into business. However, provided you have an attractive CTA in each high-value email, there’s always a good chance that some of those prospects will hit you up for a consultation and become paying customers!
The above information is the essential gist of email marketing, however, make no mistake: it’s far more complicated. You will need to be actively A/B testing your copy and it will take a lot of trial and error to dial in your marketing message and maximise those conversions.
For the best results, we highly recommend working with a digital marketing agency. That way you can yield their years of experience and dedicate your precious time to looking after your new-found customers while your digital marketing partners keep them coming!