Popular Types of Earrings found in Singapore
Earrings can come in many different shapes, sizes, and colors. They offer a bold fashion statement to complement your day-to-day outfit or even commemorate a special occasion. The following breakdown of the 10 types of earrings sold at Ask & Embla is a list of some unique and stylish earrings that are perfect for day or night.
Types Of Earrings:
1. Hoop Earrings: These hoop-shaped earrings have captivated women and grown in popularity over the past few years. They are available in almost any style now, from classic to modern to even daring and edgy styles. The name “hoop” originates from their shape, which resembles a circle with a small oval-shaped opening at the top, usually about one inch wide. The current trend away from hoops is part of the modern style, as it has been replaced with larger, rounder styles.
2. Tiny Earrings: These may not be the most obvious earrings to see on a woman’s ear, but they are very popular. Tiny earrings fall into two categories: tiny pearls and tiny studs. Tiny pearls are small, smooth beads that can be attached to any other type of earring loop for more variety in a single pair of earrings. Tiny studs are small metal studs that are just big enough for a woman’s piercing and when paired with a matching post, it creates the illusion of large dangling earrings.
3. Stud Earrings: Stud earrings are a staple of the jewelry world, and are available in many different designs and styles. They can be large or small, filled with gold or silver, or even be shaped as a circle.
4. Belly Rings: Another classic favorite of women, belly rings have long been worn by women as an easy way to add some extra sparkle on their clothing. They are available in many materials, such as gold and silver, or semi-precious stones like turquoise for those who don’t want to spend extra money on gold. Original belly rings were made from the shape of a pregnant woman’s belly with a hole cut out for the wearer’s navel. That hole is still part of the belly ring, but has grown in popularity as a unique, artistic design.
5. Dangle Earrings: These are long and dangly earrings that hang down far from the earlobe, with a small weight at the bottom to keep them from swinging back and forth too much. Dangle earrings go with any outfit and can be worn either casually or for a fancy occasion, depending on the accessories worn with them. They are available in many different colors, shapes, and materials.
6. Post Earrings: Also known as stud earrings or captive earrings, post earrings are often worn by older women who may not wish to wear pierced earrings. These earrings are taken out and threaded through a hole in the earlobe, then the earring is placed back into the piercing. There is no post and these earrings stay secure with the weight at the bottom of the hoop. The only way to remove them is by cutting them off, so they are difficult to remove with regular jewelry cleaner.
7. Clip Earrings: These are small, tiny earrings that clip straight onto a person’s pierced ear lobe without any other creative designs or intricate detail. They usually have a small center piece that sits atop the hoop-shaped part of their design and can be made from many different materials from gold to silver or even platinum.
8. Leaf Earrings: Leaf earrings are a long, thin earring that is sometimes worn to dangle at the bottom of a person’s ear lobe for an old-world style. They often have thick lacy patterns that extend from the center circle to give them their shape. Leaf earrings can sometimes be made from gold or silver and may also incorporate semiprecious stones like amethyst or garnet into their design for added elegance. For more details about leaf earrings, click here https://askandembla.net/collections/earrings.
These are the most popular trendy fashionable designs that women love to wear on their ears when they go out for a casual day look or even a night out with their friends.