An oily face is something that everyone is not really a fan of. Oftentimes when you see yourself in a mirror and your face has a shine and you think that maybe this is some glow that is because of your good deeds. When you look close this is actually the oi that has appeared on your face. The first thing you do is to remove that oil, but the worst part is that it comes back after some time and makes you look really as if you were sleeping in a bed made of oil.
The skin specialists of Fazal Hospital say that the oil on the face comes from the sebum from the glands called sebaceous glands. These glands are present on the inner layer of the skin. Sebum is not really bad for the skin as it gives shine to your skin and hair and keeps them hydrated and smooth.
However, too much sebum production can lead to the skin getting extra oily and this converts into really bad acne and extra shiny which makes the other person in front of you stop and stare to point you out to clean the oil from your face.
Here are some of the home remedies that you can use in order to keep yourself safe from the oil that is produced on your face.
Honey is an antiseptic product that contains antibacterial properties as well, this can benefit oily and acne-prone skin in so many ways. It is very good for adding moisture to the skin and in a way that it eradicates oil as well.
Raw honey is very helpful in this matter, you need to take a very thin layer and spread it all over your face. You can keep it sitting on the face for 10 minutes and then rinse it off thoroughly with warm water and avoid using soap after that.
Oatmeal can help greatly in making your skin oil go away. It also helps a lot with the inflammation of the skin that occurs when you have fresh acne. This oatmeal is used in so many masks but in them, it is grounded and added in powder form. But the point here is that it gives great results when mixed with banana yogurt and even papaya.
You can also follow these steps to use oatmeal on your face:
- Take half a cup of oatmeal and add warm water to them, this will make a paste.
- Add one tablespoon of honey to it.
- You can then massage the mixture on your face for three minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- You can also apply the mixture to your face and let it sit there for 15 minutes. Then wash it with warm water and pat dry afterward.
Almonds when used in the ground form not only are used to exfoliate your skin but also help in absorbing out all the excess oil on the face. You can use it on your face by:
- Take almonds and grind them so that you have 3 tablespoons to use.
- Add honey equals two tablespoons in the almonds.
- Apply this mixture to your face and gently rub it in circular motions.
- Wash it off with warm water and pat it dry.
Tomatoes are full of salicylic acid which is a major product used in so many acne medicines and skincare products. The acid present in the tomatoes is very helpful in absorbing the oil from the face. You can make a mask by using tomatoes by:
- Add 1 teaspoon sugar with the pulp of the tomato.
- Use this on your skin and scrub it gently.
- Leave the mask for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it thoroughly and use warm water for that.
Skin is the largest organ of the body and is the most sensitive too. The oil on the face is very bothersome for a lot of people, so do use the above-mentioned remedies if you want to treat your oily skin and reduce sebum production. If the remedies don’t work for you don’t worry, these can be replaced by prescription medication that your dermatologist can suggest to you.